Monday, April 5, 2010

Introducing ME!

I guess I should start this blog thing off right by introducing myself. My name is Amber Schatz. My last name is a little weird and everyone who hasn’t had any experience with the German language seems to have a hard time pronouncing it. So to help you, it’s pronounced like “shots” like getting a shot from the doctor. I am 20 almost 21 years old and I am an aspiring illustration artist. I am also currently in college to get my teaching degree. I love teaching people new things in and about art. So what better way to combine my some of my life passions than to be art teacher? Woot! Go Me! But I have many passions in life and I’m sure you do as well, my dear reader. So “why did you create this blog?” you may ask or maybe you’re wondering about my curious blog title. Well I shall elaborate for you. I live an alternative life style which is a fancy way of saying different. Mainly what that life style consists of is “gothic”, and I use the term “gothic” very lightly. But “Goth” isn’t just some little high school kids going through a phase in life. Some of those kids (like me) end up truly living an alternative life style. The decision to live this life comes with many stereotypes and discriminations. But for me it was a very easy decision to make. I was different from the moment I came into this life. When I was a kid I remember all the TV shows I would watch would be shows like Goosebumps, Tails from the Crept, Halloween specials with Elvira, Adams family, and the Munsters. And the only books that could get me to practice reading when I was a kid is a picture book based off the Munsters. There was even a time when I asked my father to buy me a spiked dog collar when I was 6 because I wanted to wear it as a necklace. I always wondered why the kids I grew up with didn’t like me and why it was so hard to make friends. Now days I contribute it to just being different and seeing things differently than most people do. I didn’t find acceptance with my self and other people till I became “gothic.” So I guess you can say the reasons for my creating this blog are to one: show what my alternative life and others who live this type of life style consist of. Two: to display what I consider being hard to find “gothic” items; ranging from home décor to fashion and anything else that could fall into that category. And third: to talk about the discrimination in “normal” world, things like job discrimination. Well I do hope this gives you a little bit of an insight to me, y world, and things to come.

Stay tuned for more blogging!
--->MePhotobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment